1) The purpose of CREATION CALENDAR is to put mankind back on true time. This was changed by the “man of sin” during the Dark Ages 538 to 1798 A.D. (see Dan. 7:25).
2) The reason we need another calendar is because the Gregorian Calendar that hangs on your wall is out of harmony with astronomical law and nature. Therefore, it is of no value whatsoever to a Bible believing Christian. (See Isaiah 8:20).
3) When compared to the Scriptures and nature the Gregorian Calendar reflects the change of: (a) the beginning of the day; (b) the beginning of the month; (c) the beginning of the year; and (d) the festivals or Feast Days set by God.
4) CREATION CALENDAR was formulated and published by the following authority: (a) a command from God Himself. (b) by the authority of the divinely ordained Plan of Salvation. (c) by the authority of astronomical law and God’s law.
THE VISION OF CREATION CALENDAR’S AUTHOR VERLIS W. JOHNSON
In March of 1968, pastor Johnson received a message from the Lord saying, “Teach My people the Government of God.” Then in August of 1969, another message saying, “Make My people a true astronomical calendar that they may worship Me correctly, for this is the ruling instrument of My Government”. To which he responded, “Lord, I cannot make you a calendar. I don’t have the artistic ability.” Then the Lord pressed upon him saying, “Go ahead, you are capable and I will help you. Because, there is a spirit in man: and the Inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” So he began to study the scriptures, research the moon phases, and gather essential data for the formulation of CREATION CALENDAR, first printed in 1970. We present to you CREATION CALENDAR, it is based upon Divine Authority, as a Biblical and astronomical instrument to establish GOD’s Government.
OBJECT OF CREATION CALENDAR
(1) To establish true worship instead of following the traditions of men.
(2) To show that today’s Gregorian calendar is out of harmony with God’s astronomical laws.
(3) To prove that prophecy and the Bible can only be correctly understood with a calendar that is in harmony with GOD’s astronomical laws and nature.
(4) “That there is a slight error in the Jewish Calendar due to the inaccuracies in the length of both lunar and solar years upon which it is based has been asserted by a number of writers.” (Jewish Encyclopedia, Vol. #3, page 500.)
GOD’S TIMEPIECES: THE EARTH, SUN, AND MOON
The earth had to be set at a certain distance from the sun after the flood to assure the correct temperature for mankind, plants, and animal life. To compensate for the removal of the shield of water around the earth (Gen. 1:6-8), the Lord set the earth in a wider orbit around the sun, changing it from 360 days to 365 and 1/4 days. The moon’s orbit was also changed from a 30 day orbit [month] to a 29 and 1/2 day orbit on average. This made it necessary to have 29 and 30 day months in the Lunar year. With the earth’s orbit around the sun being increased by 5 and 1/4-days, it changed the Solar year from a 360-day year to a 365 and 1/4 day year. And with the moon’s orbit being shortened by 1/2 day, it shortened the Lunar year to 354 and 3/4 days instead of 360 days, as it was before the flood. God has a purpose for all things, and for this purpose CREATION CALENDAR was created.